Monday, September 16, 2013

Introductory blog

Hi all!

I am very excited to be a part of this class because I love social media and I know I have a lot to learn from each of you! So, I thought I would follow suit and use an introduction as my first blog post.

My name is Emily (Essi) and I was born and raised right here in Syracuse. I completed my Bachelor's in International Development and Management in 2012 from McGill University, and moved home for my sister's wedding shortly after graduating. Little did I know that I would be staying in Syracuse, attending the best MPA program in the States!

I have dabbled in different fields and I have internship experience in the public and private sectors. I'm really interested in Social Media because I love that it is becoming transferable and useful throughout all sectors of the professional world. Whether it is a private firm, a local non profit, or a school district, social media is on the rise and becoming extremely relevant everywhere (in my opinion, at least).

I look forward to hearing about all of your life and work experiences and having some great discussions and debates about social media in the public sector!



Emily


No comments:

Post a Comment