Tuesday, September 10, 2013

My first blog!

Good Evening everyone!
I am attempting to write my first blog, taking a cue from Ms. Ines Mergel's mail.
I am Ritika Bhatia, from India, pursuing Executive Master's in Public Administration from Maxwell School of Public Administration. I hold a Bachelor's degree in Botany and Law and belong to the SAI (Supreme Audit Institution) of India (similar to the GAO of USA). Prior to coming here, I was working as Director (Administrative Reforms) in the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Government of India.
I joined this class as social media is a tool which has taken the world by storm. The opportunities offered by it along with the inherent constraints make for a very interesting study. My endeavor will be to study these tools and also to try and understand how best they can be used in the Indian context to make the administration more transparent, accountable and people-centric. It will also help in improving my communication skills. 

No comments:

Post a Comment