Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Hello, Social Media in the Public Sector classmates!

My name is Lauren Hill and I am a beginning blogger. A simple introduction will constitute my first official blog post as I am still gathering my bearings. 

I am pursuing an MPA at Maxwell focusing on Public Management and state and local government. I am originally from Frisco, Texas-a northern suburb of Dallas. It sounds small, but Frisco is actually one of the fastest growing places in the country. For those of you who don’t know me, I am very proud of my southern roots and very proud to be a Texan!

I graduated in May of this year from a small liberal arts college in Sherman, Texas (just south of the Oklahoma-Texas line) called Austin College. I received a bachelors of Arts in Political Science. I was very active during my four years in undergrad. I studied abroad to Argentina, Malta, and England studying Spanish and comparative democracies, respectively. I also spent the last two years working as a Social Entrepreneurship for Poverty Alleviation Intern with the city of Denison, Texas. While there, I worked on a variety of projects ranging from making copies, speaking with local business owners, writing a council orientation manual for Denison’s city council, to applying for 501 (c) 3 public charity on behalf of the city’s main street program. This experience made me aware of my heart for service and my passion for local government.

That is just a little about me! Again, I really look forward to getting to know all of ya’ll and learning more about social media opportunities.


Lauren 

2 comments:

  1. Texas is a state I love since being a teenager. I learned English by watching Dallas series. One of my favorite bands, Pantera, is also from Texas. It's great to have a Texan in our class!

    ReplyDelete