Tuesday, September 17, 2013

my first and introductory blog...

Hi,
 I am Vibha G Mishra from India, a country which was earlier known as land of elephants and snake charmers, but now better known as a huge repertoire of IT experts ( what an enormous rise!!!). I was born, brought up and got my education in Allahabad. Allahabad is a city situated on the confluence of three rivers Holy Ganga, Yamuna and mythological Saraswati. The city was once famous for its illustrious lawyers and quality of higher education provided by Allahabad University. Recently, it was in news for successfully holding kumbh mela, a hindu pilgrimage which is held every twelve years. In 2013, about 100 million people gathered during period of 55 days for this pilgrimage. Views, videos and additional information may be found at http://kumbhmelaallahabad.gov.in/english/index.html   

As far as my academic background is concerned, I have done post graduation in Biochemistry. After that I joined research work in the field of genetic engineering but soon discovered that I was not much interested in intricacies of life sciences.

Thereafter, I got job in Finance and Accounts wing of Ministry of Communication and IT in Government of India. When I joined the service in 1997, telecommunication services were being provided by the Government, but in the year 2000, Government withdrew itself from provisioning of telecom services as a service provider and restricted its role as policy maker and facilitator. During this period (2000-2005), I witnessed and managed a lot of change in working of communication and IT sector in India. In the year, 2011, I joined Department of Personnel and Training, where my responsibilities included handling policy matters with respect to personnel of Govt of India and implementation of e-office(paperless office) in my department.

I have joined this course because I want to know about various types of social media tools available. I also want to know how Govt departments can use social media for effective governance and the best way of sharing information through social media without affecting confidentiality and day to day working. Further, this course will help me in knowing about the right kind of social media tools for personal and public information sharing.

Thanks and regards,

vibha

No comments:

Post a Comment