- Collaborate openly (within the Government of Canada) on a specific policy, document or subject
- Create and share meeting agendas, minutes, documents, project status dashboards, or wiki-based briefing materials
- Author interdepartmental papers collaboratively
- Organize interdepartmental working groups and communities of practice
- Share information, research, etc. that may be of interest to others
- Organize via individual’s User Page links to their work on GCpedia and elsewhere, contact information, interests and experience, etc.
- Discover existing work that provides a head start to current projects
Intellipedia is a project of the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) Intelligence Community Enterprise Services (ICES) office headquartered in Fort Meade, Maryland. It includes information on the regions, people, and issues of interest to the communities using its host networks. Intellipedia uses MediaWiki, the same software used by the Wikipedia free-content encyclopedia project.
- The Secret version connected to SIPRNet predominantly serves Department of Defense and the Department of State personnel, many of whom do not use the Top Secret JWICS network on a day-to-day basis. Users on unclassified networks can access Intellipedia from remote terminals outside their workspaces via a VPN, in addition to their normal workstations. Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) users share information on the unclassified Intelink-U wiki.