Friday, November 13, 2015
Aide - Memoire: Tool Presentation on ‘Storify
‘Storify’ is a social media tool that lets to create stories or timelines from a verity of social media resources like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube etc. Using ‘Storify’, information on whatever you want can be pulled together, can be customized how you want, and then story can be shared with friends on the social media site. As per the information available on the web site https://storify.com/, over two million stories are available on the Storify.
Following are the 10 steps to create a story using ‘Storify’ tool:
1. To join ‘Storify’ go to www.storify.com. There are two versions of ‘Storify’: free version and enterprise version.
2. Sign up ‘Storify’ free version using login ID and password of ‘Storify’ or login either using Facebook or Twitter account.
3. On the upper right hand corner there is big green button to create new story. Clicked on this to reach the page to create a new story.
4. This page is divide in two portions. Left portion is the area to create a story and right portion is a place to search the content for the story from other social media resources like Twitter, Facebook, Google/ Google+, YouTube etc.
5. To create a story, use left portion and enter a headline for the story. Then add a brief description of the story.
6. Click on the social media resources on right portion. Drag and drop the resources relevant to the story in the ‘Storify’ area. Similarly relevant photographs and videos can be added from the Google+, Instagram, Flicker, and YouTube etc.
7. Once popped a couple of items in, in the ‘Storify’ area, add text by clicking on the space between items popped in and add notes explaining the entries in the story.
8. Once the story is complete, preview it, rearrange the entries and publish the story.
9. Story can also be shared and notified. Sharing creates an automated Tweet with a link to story. Notify allows to auto tweet anyone who is friend on Tweeter and is mentioned in the story to tell them that their tweet has been included in the story.
10. At this point an URL gets assigned to the story that can be quoted in email or can be add to the blog.